DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
The Department of Commerce was started in the year 1977 and currently offers UG, PG, M.Phil. and Ph.D.(Part-Time) in Commerce. The department, under the guidance of Dr. A. Rafi, Director, Dr. (Mrs.)M. Amthul Thawab, Principal & Head strives to produce students with employable skills to suit the requirements of the industry. The department aims at bridging the academic – Industry gap by equipping the students with a diverse curriculum backed by soft skills training. The department has produced a number of M.Phil. and Ph.D. Scholars. It further strives to carve a niche in the future.
After the successful completion of this course, the students will able to:
- Transform the students into professionally skilled talent pool who can readily be absorbed as valuable workforce in Insurance, Banking, logistics, e-business and other viable industries.
- Impart proper decisions in organization through business etiquettes, leadership qualities, analyzing the attitude.
- Create ethical principles of management and various skills in management.
- Carry out accounting in specialized institutions like, voyage accounts, package, containers, hotels and Electricity Company.
- Illuminate their research work by the project on organization, management & accounting with practical knowledge.
- Develop entrepreneurial skills by giving knowledge on risk bearing, organizing and innovation for successful entrepreneurship.
|1||Assistant Professor & Head|