DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
About the Department:
The department of commerce was started in the year 2001. The department aims at bridging the academic – industry gap by equipping the students with a diverse curriculum. The department has produced a number of graduates in last 18 years. The faculties are dedicated and experienced to provide quality education to the students especially rural students besides promoting students in extra- curricular and co- curricular activities. The department provides placement facilities and training to the students. The department also provides smart classes to the students. The department staffs are currently focusing on & development activities besides regular teaching it further strives to carve a niche in the future.
After the successful completion of this course, the students will able to:
- Equip the required employability skills, making them suitable for banking, finance, accounting firms, related industries and business.
- Communicate effectively using appropriate information and technology to be the leader in their business.
- Apply the economic principles and knowledge in decision making.
- Demonstrate progressive effective domain development of values, the role of accounting in society and business.
- Apply financial accounting career skills, applying both quantitative and qualitative knowledge to their future careers in business.
- Prove proficiency with the ability to engage in higher studies, competitive exams and professional exams like CA, CS, ICWA and other courses.
- Apply practical skills to work as tax consultant, audit assistant and other financial supporting services.
- The course equips the students to become a successful entrepreneur.
- This course provides knowledge to start many new businesses which reduces the amount of unemployment.
Mr. A. Sheik Mohammed
Assistant Professor & Head
Dr. M. Kotteshwari
M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D.,
Dr. S. Sathish Kumar