NATIONAL SERVICE SCHEME
The goal of the National Service Scheme is education through community service. The purpose is to enrich the Student’s personality and deepen his/her understanding of the social environment in which he/she lives.
It helps students to develop an awareness and knowledge of social problems and to promote welfare. The ultimate objective of the scheme is “Student’s self-development integrated with community development”.
- To learn by serving the community.
- To work with and among people.
- To engage in creative and constructive social action.
- To enhance knowledge of One’s self and of the community through confrontation with reality, to develop personal ability and character.
- To put one’s scholarship to practical use in mitigating social problems.
- To gain skills in the exercise of democratic leadership and team-work.
- To gain skills in programme development and urge for self-employment.
- To promote national integration and involvement in nation building.
The N.S.S of this college was started in September 1978. Every year four hundred N.S.S Volunteers are enrolled. The Volunteers are trained in five avenues of action-survey, analysis, planning, implementations and evolution. To claim a N.S.S General certificate a Volunteer should complete a minimum of 120 hours of service. Apart from attendance, qualities like leadership, dedication, initiative and integrity will be taken into account
NSS Programme Officier
NSS Programme Officer:
Dr. P. Kalaiselvi, Asst. Prof., Dept. of Cooperation
Mr. S. K. Fareeth, Asst. Prof., Dept. of Arabic
Dr. R. Abdul Saleem, Asst. Prof., Dept. of Mathematics
Dr. S. Thowseaf, Asst. Prof., Dept. of BBA.