The Quaide Milleth College Library possesses nearly 20,000 books, neatly arranged and segregated department wise. Every year funds allocated and books are purchased and added to each department including Arabic and Urdu. Separate almirahs are maintained for Encyclopaedia, dictionaries, reference books and Thesis.
- The Library provides Open Accession. The Intranet & Internet facilities are also utilized by the students for referring the Question Bank and job registration.
- The College subscribes to UGC INFLIBNET (Information Library Network) N-LIST which makes around 1.5 lakhs e-books and 6000 e-journals available to faculty members and students
- The AutoLib library management software is provided and OPAC system is available for accession of books. The current journals and magazines are also displayed for both Staff and Students. The audio, videos and text materials facilities are available on various subjects for easy learning.
- The Islamic study circle books are also available in library to deliver lectures in English, Tamil, Arabic and Urdu on various aspects of Islam, It trains speakers to participate in oratorical contests and seminars on religious subjects conducted by various colleges and organization of the city.
- The list of the new collections will be displayed on the notice board of the library. New arrivals of journals, books and magazines will be displayed in the rack
- Library premise is under CCTV Surveillance.
Rules & Regulations
- The Library is open on all working days from 8.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. including Saturdays
- Perfect silence should be maintained in the Library.
- Students of the U.G will be given two Library Tickets and the P.G. three Library tickets each. The U.G. Students will be issued two Books each P.G. Students three books each at a time. Three Library tickets will be issued for M.Phil Scholars.
- No Students shall retain a book of the library for more than a fortnight. The borrower can renew, for another fortnight subject to the availability of the book.
- No books will be retained by the borrower during semester holidays. All the books shall be returned on before the last working day of the academic year.
- A fine of Rupees 2/- will be collected from the borrower if he/she fails to return the book on the due date.
- The Library tickets shall be handled carefully and returned to the library at the end of the year. If the tickets are lost, a fine of Rs. 5/- will be levied on each.
- On receiving the book the borrower must satisfy himself/herself as to whether the book lent to him/her is in good condition and if not so he/she should bring the matter to the notice of the Librarian immediately. Any complaint later will not be entertained.
- The Student borrowing a book from the Library shall be fully responsible for its safe custody. In the event of any loss or damage, he/she shall replace it with a new copy of the book or pay such compensation as decided by the Principal.
- Library books, periodicals, the dailies etc, shall not be marked, written upon, scribbled or damaged.
- Reference books, magazines, journals and dailies cannot be taken out the Library and should not be removed from the places.
- “No-dues certificate” will be issued at the time of leaving the institute only on return of all the materials.