TAMIL NADU PROHIBITION OF RAGGING ACT, 1997
Ragging is strictly prohibited. As per G.O. No. 6321 of December 19, 1996 (Part IV Section 2) Tamil Nadu Ordinance No. 10 of 41996 to prohibit ragging in Educational Institutions in the State of Tamil Nadu. Any violation will attract penal action under section 4 & 5.
- Section 4: Whoever commits, directly or indirectly participates in abets or propagates ragging within or outside the educational institution, shall be punished with imprisonment for a term, which may extend to two years and shall also be liable to a fine which may extend to Rs. 10,000/- (Ten Thousand Rupees). Students found indulging in the act of ragging shall be dismissed from the College besides initiating criminal action under the law.
- Section 5: Any student convicted of an offence under section 4 shall also be dismissed from the educational institution and such students shall not be admitted in any other educational institution.
Therefore, students found ragging will be booked under section 4 & 5 and are warned not to indulge in such crimes.
ANTI RAGGING COMMITTEE AND SQUAD
Anti-ragging committee and Anti-ragging squad are functioning in this College. The anti-ragging committee is constituted as per the directions of the UGC under the provisions of the “UGC regulations on curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Educational Institutions, 2009”. Contact details (Mobile No.) of the anti-ragging committee are prominently displayed in the College notice board and near the Principal’s office. Students are advised to contact the Principal or any of the committee members and report the instances of ragging immediately without any fear.
PROHIBITION OF SMOKING AND SPITTING ACT, 2002
In exercise of the powers conferred by section 10 of the Tamil Nadu Prohibition of Smoking and Spitting Act 2002 (Tamil Nadu Act 4 of 2003), ‘The Governor of Tamil Nadu hereby appoint the 14th day of May 2003 as the date on which the College Principal also shall be competent to act under the Act’. Therefore the students are strictly instructed not to spit in the classrooms, corridor and not to smoke in the college premises. Otherwise, action will be taken against the erring students as per the government orders.
A presiding officer who shall be a women employed at a senior level at workplace from amongst the employees;
- Provided that in case a senior level women employee is not available, the presiding officer shall nominated from other officers or administrative units of the workplace referred to in sub-section (l):
- Provided further that in case the other officers or administrative units of the workplace do not have a senior level women employee, the presiding officer shall be nominated from any other workplace of the same employer or other department or organization.
- Not less than two members from amongst employees preferably committed to the cause of women or who have had experience in social work or have legal knowledge.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR WOMEN STUDENTS
- The women students shall wear chudidar with dupatta. The dress must be worn properly and decently.
- They shall occupy the front row benches in the classroom. If there is any free hour they are expected to be in the College Library/restrooms allotted exclusively for girl students.
- Girls should not wear Leggings, Short Tops and Net Dupattas.
- Students who are desirous of leaving the College before the close of College hours or desirous of remaining after the College hour shall obtain permission from the Head of the Department or Principal.
- Students can join, NSS, NCC & YRC of the College.
- They may take part in the sport and games.
Anti Ragging Committee Members
Anti Ragging committee is constituted as hereunder:
Principal : Chairman
Representatives of Faculty
Dr. Mrs. M. Hajmeeral, Asst. Prof., Dept. of Mathematics
Dr. Mrs. S. Nafeesa, Asst. Prof., Dept. of Commerce
Dr. S. Sheik Kalil, Asst. Prof., Dept. of Corp. Sec. Ship:
Dr. C. Godwin Paul, Physical Director
Dr. R. Manikandan, Asst. Prof., Dept. of Computer Science
Mr. A. Sheik Mohammed, Asst. Prof., Dept. of Commerce
Mrs. D. Annie, Asst. Prof., Dept. of English
Representatives of Parents :
Representatives of Students :
Representatives of Non-teaching Staff:
Mr. Jamal Abdul Saleem
Mrs. S. Padmavathy
Mr. C. Arun Shanker