What constitutes Ragging ?
As per the order of Honorable Supreme Court of India and subsequent Notification form Institute Grants Commission (UGC), ragging constitutes one or more of any intention by any student or group of students:
1. Any act of Indiscipline, Teasing or Handling with Rudeness
2. Any act that Prevents, Disrupts the Regular Academic Activity
3. Any activity which is likely to cause Annoyance, Hardship,
Psychological Harm or creates Fear or Apprehension
4. Any Act of Financial Extortion or Forceful Expenditure
5. Any Act of Physical Abuse causing Assault, Harm or danger to Health
6. Any Act of abuse by spoken words, emails, SMS or public insult etc
7.Any Act of Wrongful Confinement, Kidnapping, molesting or committing unnatural offences, use of criminal forces, trespass or intimidation.
Punishment to those found guilty
Any student or group of students found guilty of ragging in the campus or event outside the campus shall be liable to one or more of the following punishments.
1. Debarring from appearing in any sessional test / Examination.
2. Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
3. Withdrawing scholarships and other benefits.
4. Suspended from the Institute for a period of three months.
5. Expulsion from the Institute and also debarring from admission to any other institution throughout India.
6. Entry in the character / Transfer Certificate regarding the punishment given for any Act if ragging.
7. Complaint filed with the police leading to arrest.